Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fungi












Autumn has been phenomenal this year hasn't it? Or maybe it's just me. I don't remember the trees being anywhere near as wonderful last year. This time around the colours are glorious. Down at ground level fungi are popping up everywhere despite the lack of rain.

The first and last pictures are mushrooms in the carrot patch. The second and fourth pictures were taken from a canoe when I was paddling around with the littlest boy. He was absolutely furious with me for stopping to take fungus pictures. The others were taken on our walk the other day. I'd love to know what they all are, I really must start learning a few. My toadstool knowledge is almost non-existent.

The farm up the road has bags of "Field Mushrooms" for sale. I haven't been brave enough to try any, although I'm sure they know what they're doing. Do you ever eat wild mushrooms?

I remember the programme I watched about the gardens at Buckingham Palace a while back. Apparently there are more different types of fungi there than anywhere else nearby. Something to do with leaving dead wood around I think. There was a mycologist studying it all, and I seem to remember reading somewhere that two new species had been found there. It's not quite Buckingham Palace garden here, but I have a pile of dead wood and a few mushrooms so I'm well on the way. Anything sprouting in your back yard?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar