Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

It's too darn hot!



It’s just too hot!  I don’t do hot.  I do cold.  Cold is OK – if it’s too cold I can just pile on more layers, have hot stews and (don’t tell the frugal police) turn up the heating.  But hot is just plain tiring.

Saturdays in this household are always very deliberately quiet.  I invite no-one to come. The TV is off.  Meals are simple and as far as possible prepared in advance.  Saturdays are for creativity, for quiet, for thinking.  Today is just so hot that even thinking seems like hard work.

I’ve been getting on with Bobo’s new sweater and am on the second sleeve but knitting is uncomfortable.  My excuse is that Bob wouldn’t want a thick sweater in this weather anyway.  The pattern was fine until I knitted the sleeves and when I had finished one sleeve it was very obviously very wrong so I had to rewrite the pattern, something I’ve never tried before.   I just hope that when the cold weather comes, Bobo is suitably grateful

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar