Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Welsh Vegetarian Tart

I got called a vegetarian slut a few months back.  I was quite taken aback.  Apparently, it was meant to be a compliment.  For me the word slut has negative connotations.  I know some women may use the word as a hook, or even as a strap-line to grab your attention, which of course it certainly does, but I personally don't think the word slut can be reclaimed by women in a positive way.

Whilst trying to figure out an interesting and  appropriate name for my new vegetarian venture, it was suggested to me that I should perhaps call myself The Welsh Vegetarian Tart; or even home in on my South Asian ethnic heritage to give it more sex appeal.  But nah...I'm not that tacky either! I will not use those tactics to promote myself and my vegetarian endeavour either.  No you won't find me dolled up with bright red lipstick, rosy red cheeks and long batty lashes posing suggestively with a asparagus in my mouth; or gazing seductively at the camera lens. I do not wish to pose with my food, though I do scrub up quite nicely in fact.  I am not naive and I know in some cases its tongue and cheek and of course it works, hence the reason some women employ those tactics as a publicity move or to get noticed, but I choose not to be one of those women.   For me its about the food I make.  It is about inspiring others to cook creatively and imaginatively with seasonal vegetables, and maybe whilst on this culinary journey the sun will shine on me.  I am not chasing it for the sake of getting some attention.  

Read more »

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar