1. I do not always place events in their proper order. The problem is I get them close which makes the issue harder to spot. I spent a lot of time moving things around, especially in the middle. All that cutting and pasting meant reworking transitions from one scene to the next. I spent a lot of time on this part.
2. I do write a good beginning. There was very little revising to be done there except I re-inserted the original prologue - and then removed it again. As much as I love the prologue, it just doesn’t work. Dammit.
3. I had a weak climactic scene in the last third of the novel involving a trap that needed to be entirely re-worked. It was lame and unbelievable and hard to fix. I’m much happier with it now.
4. I had an event near the end I glossed over and put right all too quickly. My CP suggested upping the ante and I did. That was a fun fix.
5. I needed more period detail to place the reader in the time. This was hard because too much detail bogs everything down while too little makes the reader wonder where they are. I hope I added just the right amount.
So. Tell me about your experience revising. What have you learned lately?

0 Yorumlar